This program is designed for those interested in the unique concept of team camaraderie. Join us for friendly competition in several different local and/or national races. We welcome all ability levels, from walkers to competitive athletes.
Our 2017 program runs from 1/7/17 to 4/29/17, then takes the month of May off and resumes 6/3/17 for a fall session shifting focus to marathon distance.
Space is limited, Reserve your spot today.
We have some exciting new changes to announce with the 2017 Training Studio Run/Walk program
Here are the details:
- We are once again hosting an annual program (actually 10 months, taking off May and December). The first official group run/walk is scheduled for Saturday, January 7th @ 7:30am.
- All Members receive a custom team shirt.
- Free pair of SmartWool socks for the first 50 people registered
- Training schedules are based on completion of the Louisville Triple Crown and KDF mini marathon in the spring and then a marathon in the fall.
- We are planning to travel as a group to a fall marathon. Destination half and full marathon will be designated at a later date.
- Bi-weekly email correspondence with interactive training route maps, informative articles, training schedules and important announcements.
- Snacks and refreshments are provided each week.
- Several different pace groups are structured to ensure that everyone has social support along the way.
- We are once again working hill repeats and speed work into several of the group training sessions. To increase participation in these workouts Ken Combs Running Store is arranging for various running related vendors to join us on these specific days. KCRS is also raffling off a pair of new shoes during one of these workouts. (must be present to win)
Estimated value is $485. Just like all of the races we all enter, the pricing is based on when you register. (12/1 – 12/14 = $100, 12/15-12/31 = $125, After 1/1 = $150, After 6/15 = $80 )
The Training Studios mission is to attract individuals of all fitness levels to the sport of running. Whether you run for general fitness or are training to reach a personal best in your next race, come join us every Saturday
Please acknowledge and support the businesses listed on this page that made this program possible