This comprehensive interactive training group meets on Saturday mornings for all training runs in preparation for the Triple Crown events and the KDF mini/full marathon in the Spring and then also offers another 16 week program in the fall to prepare for the Full Runathon finishing with the Urban Bourbon Half marathon.
This program is designed for those interested in the unique concept of team camaraderie. Join us for friendly competition in several different local and/or national races. We welcome all ability levels, from walkers to competitive athletes.
Our 2019 program runs from 1/5/19 to 4/27/19, then takes the months of May & June off and resumes 7/6/19 for another 16 week program finishing 10/26/19.
We have some exciting new changes to announce with the 2019 Training Studio Run/Walk program.
Here are the details:
- We provide a full structured group training environment each week with arrows at pertinent intersections, mile markers and water stops every two miles.
- All Members receive a custom team shirt.
- We will have action and group photos taken at all of our local events. We plan to participate in 7 local events for 2019 as a group. This is our opportunity give exposure and support for the sponsors by wearing our team shirts.
- Training schedules are based on completion of the Louisville Triple Crown in the spring and the Fall Runathon in the fall.
- We are planning to schedule 3-4 group runs from KORT Partners in Physical Therapy for some awesome partner-assisted stretching and free injury consults.
- Weekly email correspondence with interactive training route maps, informative articles, training schedules and important announcements.
- Central location located in the heart of St. Matthews for every group run with a consistent start time of 7:30am for the entire program. Snacks and refreshments are provided each week (compliments of The Cheddar Box).
- Several different pace groups are structured to ensure that everyone has social support along the way.
- New for 2019:
- We are hosting a Run Group Celebration on Saturday 10/26/19 to honor all of our members and acknowledge everyone’s accomplishments. We plan to showcase all of our pictures taken throughout the year and congratulate those that achieved personal success.
- We are also excited to offer the opportunity to meet up with some fellow runners during the week. We would like to organize a group run on Wednesday mornings from the St. Matthews TS location at 6:00am. This is an additional chance to meet and run with some new friends.
- We have created a class called “Strength/Mobility for Runners”. This class will take place at our River Road location on Sunday’s at 10am. All run group members receive the entire month of January for free. WOW, that’s (4) free strength/mobility classes just for being a run member. Punch cards can be purchased after January for those that would like to continue.
Space is limited, Reserve your spot today.
(12/15-12/31 = $150, After 1/1 = $175, After 5/1 = $80 )
The Training Studios mission is to attract individuals of all fitness levels to the sport of running. Whether you run for general fitness or are training to reach a personal best in your next race, come join us every Saturday.
Please acknowledge and support the businesses listed on this page that made this program possible