Degrees & Certifications:
- University of Alabama Bachelor of Education, Minor in Biology
- Certified Personal Trainer – American Council on Exercise
- Adult/Infant/Child CPR & AED – American Red Cross
- TRX Certified
- Certified Level 1 Nutrition Coach – Precision Nutrition
- Creating “personal” workouts for clients of various ages. These workouts include innovative, safe exercises so clients are successful with their fitness goals! I also enjoy teaching adolescent female athletes the importance of strength training.
- I care about the health and wellness of each of my clients. I develop a personalized workout to challenge you but not to injure you. I want to encourage my clients to work hard and achieve your best.
What Her Clients Say:
- As a former marathon runner and workout enthusiast I was constantly in training. After being diagnosed with cancer in late 2011, I was not able to workout or run for quite sometime. Although I continued walking, it was not enough to keep my body in shape and I had lost my muscle tone and had also put on weight. I slowly returned to my regimen in a much milder form. I couldn’t find anything that really worked for me. I tried a few times to start running, but my body retaliated. My oncologist recommended that I incorporate strength training into my regimen. I had always been a cardio junkie. Continue reading…...
- My daughter, Sydney, is a junior at Assumption High School and runs cross country and track. After suffering from a couple of injuries that kept her from finishing a full season of cross country, we decided to focus on strength training not only for improved performance, but also injury prevention. We spoke with several people involved with athletes here in town and Cindy’s name kept coming up. Last summer, Sydney started working with Cindy. Soon it became apparent that Sydney was gaining strength and self confidence. Continue Reading….
- I love that TRAIN LIKE A GIRL, recognized the need to offer fitness training to girls age 12 and up. Finally this age group is invited to workout and begin habits that will last a lifetime. All around muscle, balance, strength and endurance are benefits which help all sports. The camaraderie between the girls is also a special benefit. My daughter loves going and making new friends from many different schools and sports. They are like a little team as they support each other through the workouts. I am just so thankful that my daughters have found a place where they are encouraged and empowered to make healthy choices. We plan on utilizing the TRAIN LIKE A GIRL program for many years. My daughter runs in there twice a week with a big smile and comes out with the same smile and more confidence. THANK YOU, Coach Cindy and all of you at The Training Studio. – Elizabeth Lenihan
- Coming off a back injury for the last month of my spring season this summer was especially important for me to get back in shape and prevent any injuries in the future. Coach Cindy helped me achieve this and more. The positive and welcoming atmosphere and her genuine care for my health led to my back feeling the best it has in years. She got me back in the shape I needed to be in with limited time. My total body workouts were always difficult but unique and fun. I am so happy I chose Cindy and the Training Studio. – Riley Higgins, Ohio University Field Hockey
- This past summer I had the pleasure of assisting Cindy Geer with the Train Like A Girl program. I loved working with the girls and seeing them improve their overall strength. I wish there had been a program like this when I was in middle school/high school. The program and individual attention in each class creates fun but hard working environment that the girls can take to the field/pool/etc. I hope I get a chance to work with Cindy and the rest of the girls at TLAG in the future! – Mallory Tyler, Michigan State Field Hockey