Ok, first things first, click HERE to send us an email with your vote for moving the departure time up to 6:30am. One vote per person please. If you want to stay at 7:30am, it is also important for you to send us an email. The majority wins.
Next topic, our resident travel agent (Sandy Beckhart) has been gracious enough to secure a block of rooms in one of the last remaining normal priced hotels. We need to know how many might be interested in joining us at this location. If you want one of these rooms, please contact us ASAP. Here is the hotel info:
Fairfield Inn: 2 queen beds in each room,
Click HERE to view this weeks training route.
Here are some things to remember about this Fall training season:
- As most of you already know, we have chosen the Savannah Rock-N-Roll (November 7th) half and full marathon as our group outing this year. They offer a half, full and even a half marathon 2 person relay. We would love to have a large group travel with us for this great event. We are in the process of searching for housing arrangements but need to get an idea of who will be joining us. Please send us an email if you are planning to make the trip to Savannah.
- Those that choose to participate in a half marathon this fall are welcome to use the schedules listed below. Keep in mind that the schedules do not have any dates, so they can be used for any race by simply starting at the race date and working forward from the end of the schedule.
- One last thing, the marathon schedules have been slightly revamped this season to bring them up to par with the latest and greatest research. At first glance they may seem a little confusing, but please take some time to read the description page (page 2) to get all of the details. These schedules can be adapted for walkers, runners, run/walkers, etc. You will have to know some of your previous pacing from other events to utilize this schedule. Marathoners will need to have a predicted half marathon pace and Half marathoners will need a previous 10k pace. With a little effort, everyone can utilize this new schedule. If however, you are not interested in putting in the extra effort, I can help. For a nominal fee, ($20) I can completely customize this exact schedule for you. I can print out a schedule that will have your pace detailed on every single workout. This takes the guesswork out of everything. Email me directly to make this happen.
- Beginner Marathon Schedule
- Intermediate Marathon Schedule
- Advanced Marathon Schedule
- Beginner Half Marathon Schedule
- Intermediate Half Marathon Schedule
- Advanced Half Marathon Schedule
That’s it for now. I hope to see everyone Saturday.