Finally, a great-tasting muffin recipe with no added sugar! Naturally sweetened with banana and blueberries, these muffins are as sweet as they are delicious. Enjoy one with a side of scrambled egg whites for a quick and nutritious breakfast. Servings: 18
Here’s what you need…
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup refined coconut oil
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, left to thaw in a strainer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 18 standard-sized muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine banana, egg whites, water and oil. Add the flour and mix. Gently fold in blueberries. Immediately spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Remove muffins from tins and cool on a wire rack.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 98 calories, 4g fat, 13g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 3g protein.