Here is a guiltless way to prepare spaghetti that the whole family will love. To create angel hair noodles out of zucchini you simply need a small kitchen gadget called a spiral slicer. This ingenious tool is well worth the small investment – with it you’ll quickly and easily make delicious, fiber-filled noodles.
Yield: 4 servings
Here’s what you need:
- 4 zucchini, ends trimmed and run through a spiral slicer
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (20oz) package lean ground turkey
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the spiral-sliced zucchini in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet heat the oil. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Add the turkey to the skillet and cook until fully browned. Add the spaghetti sauce and mix until fully incorporated. Remove from heat.
- Mix the sauce with the zucchini noodles in the large bowl and serve.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 292 calories, 8g fat, 26g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 27g protein.