Here is an actual letter I received from one of my clients a few years ago. Some people will do anything to get out of exercise. I came across this when cleaning my office and just had to share.
To: Personal Trainer of Jeanne XXXXX
From: Personal Physician of Jeanne XXXX
Re: Medical tests
We have thoroughly tested the above patient’s heart and blood sugar and have found the following:
1. Patient’s heart is healthy, though sensitive
2. Patient’s blood sugar is normal under most conditions
WE RECOMMEND AND STRONGLY URGE THE FOLLOWING:
1. If patient breaks a sweat during exercise she must discontinue activity immediately and be fanned by the trainer (AKA Dale)
2. If patient moans or complains during exercise, the patient and trainer must change places for the duration of the class. At that time, all other class participants will be excused for the rest of class. Together, with patient, they will decide what exercises trainer must do for the remaining class time.
3. If anything unkind or disparaging is said to patient by trainer, he will have to go to time out for 15 minutes or patient will be allowed to ride his Harley for the rest of the day.
FOR THE GOOD OF JEANNE XXXXX WE STRONGLY ADVISE THAT THESE SUGGESTIONS BE FOLLOWED VERY CLOSELY.