We had a great turnout at the start of the Rodes City Run 10K last weekend. I hope everyone had a great time. Check out the Training Studio Facebook page for more pictures.
We don’t have a lot of time left for training. We only have two more long runs left before the KDF Mini/Full Marathon. This is crunch time. It is very important that you pay extra attention to your nutrition, clothing, hydration, etc.. during these last few long runs. Learn from these what works and what doesn’t work to get things figured out before the big day.
We have a beautiful 11 mile run scheduled this week. Click HERE to view the route.
Here are a few tips and tidbits to help you become familiar with our program.
- Study Up: Our sponsors have put together what we believe to be the most comprehensive Online Running Manual available. All of your running/walking questions can be answered in this manual. Use the link above to start enjoying this valuable resource.
- Register early for the Louisville Triple Crown to save yourself some cash. Spend some time planning out your racing schedule for 2015. Check the race dates with your personal schedule for conflicts and commit early. Links are provided below for several of the races we plan to attend as a group. Don’t forget that the KDF mini marathon is no longer part of the triple crown and will require an additional registration.
- The weekly blog is now posted on the “Home” page of our website. Scroll down a little to see it at the bottom of the right hand column. This window will show you the last three entries. We plan to post an entry into the 2015 Run/Walk blog every week with a map, special instructions and friendly reminders. This will be our primary means of communication. We will send weekly emails out on Monday/Tuesday of each week with a direct link to the blog. You will also see a Facebook entry each week. (One more reason to LIKE The Training Studio on FACEBOOK)
- Inclement Weather Policy: We only plan to cancel the group activities for two specific things, lightning and excessive ice and snow. The policy is very simple, we will post an entry in the online blog one hour before the scheduled departure with our intentions to cancel. Simply log onto the blog before leaving the house.
- We expect this to once again be a very large group, so please be patient with us these first few weeks. We will do our best to accommodate and help everyone we can, but sometimes the sheer number of participants can make it a little confusing. Please do not hesitate to contact myself (email@example.com) or Stacey (firstname.lastname@example.org) anytime for questions or concerns about the program.
- One last thing, keep in mind that this group is a service we provide to help promote the fine sport of running. Myself, Stacey, the sponsors and all of your pace group leaders are here to help make your running experience enjoyable. We are happy to address and help with basic questions or concerns, but this is not a private coaching service. If you would like specific, individualized coaching please contactDale for more information.
Don’t forget to acknowledge those sponsors that have made this program possible.
Ken Combs Running Store
Alpha Energy Solutions
Louisville Triple Crown Registration
Kentucky Derby Festival Mini & Full Marathon Registration
Mini Marathon Training schedules: Beginner Intermediate Advanced