Ok, the votes have been tallied. It was a landslide win for the 6:30am start time on Saturday mornings. It was almost a 3 to 1 difference. Sorry to those of you that voted for 7:30am, we have to go with the majority. This new start time will begin Saturday, June 20th and remain in effect until the days start getting shorter and we run out of daylight.
Several people were confused this week with the Saturday mileage thinking it was supposed to be 7. The dates listed on your schedule are for the corresponding Mondays each week. That first week of running we did on the 6th is not on our training schedule. That was a little bonus. 🙂
Click HERE to view this weeks training route.
Here are some things to remember about this Fall training season:
- As most of you already know, we have chosen the Savannah Rock-N-Roll (November 7th) half and full marathon as our group outing this year. They offer a half, full and even a half marathon 2 person relay. We would love to have a large group travel with us for this great event. Please send us an email if you are planning to make the trip to Savannah.
- We have secured a bunch of rooms for the Savannah trip at the Fairfield Inn – Savannah Midtown (2 Lee Blvd) Located 8 miles from the start and 10 miles from the finish. Room rate is $129 per night + tax for 2 queen beds. Each room is currently being held for 3 nights (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) but can be adjusted if needed. If you would like one of these rooms, please call Sandy Beckhart (502-291-1131) directly to reserve a room. You will need to provide Sandy with a credit card (she will officially transfer a room into your name) and an email address to receive confirmation. The rooms are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis and supply is limited, so call her ASAP.
- We are also contemplating trying to secure a bus or two to bring us to and from the race. If you are interested in pitching in for this type of transportation, please let Sandy know. If we have enough interested parties this could become a reality. I envision a bus (pre-loaded with some post race adult beverages) that would drop us off in the morning and then possibly make multiple trips post race back to the hotel. (maybe one for the mini group and one for the marathoners) This trip has the makings to become one for the history books!
- Those that choose to participate in a half marathon this fall are welcome to use the schedules listed below. Keep in mind that the schedules do not have any dates, so they can be used for any race by simply starting at the race date and working forward from the end of the schedule.
- One last thing, the marathon schedules have been slightly revamped this season to bring them up to par with the latest and greatest research. At first glance they may seem a little confusing, but please take some time to read the description page (page 2) to get all of the details. These schedules can be adapted for walkers, runners, run/walkers, etc. You will have to know some of your previous pacing from other events to utilize this schedule. Marathoners will need to have a predicted half marathon pace and Half marathoners will need a previous 10k pace. With a little effort, everyone can utilize this new schedule. If however, you are not interested in putting in the extra effort, I can help. For a nominal fee, ($20) I can completely customize this exact schedule for you. I can print out a schedule that will have your pace detailed on every single workout. This takes the guesswork out of everything. Email me directly to make this happen.
- Beginner Marathon Schedule
- Intermediate Marathon Schedule
- Advanced Marathon Schedule
- Beginner Half Marathon Schedule
- Intermediate Half Marathon Schedule
- Advanced Half Marathon Schedule