I have several announcements to make this week.
- First and foremost, I hope everyone saw the article in our newsletter congratulating Michelle Halstead in completing her first marathon.
- Secondly, send some good vibes to Portugal this weekend as Kathy Sisk will be competing in the Rock-N-Roll Half Marathon in Lisbon.
- Since several of our runners will be in Chicago, we are taking a break from training on 10/11. We will not be meeting as a group to run.
- Lastly, for those of you traveling to Chicago to compete next weekend, we are trying to organize an after party to celebrate. Please let us know if you plan to join us. We need to get a close headcount. Spouses and significant others are also invited. Here are the specifics of the celebration:Meeting time should be the 2-3pm range at John Barley Corn. Official Reservation is at 2pm for 16 people. I know that this reservation is pretty early but because this is a football Sunday, this is the best we could do.
John Barley Corn, 149 West Kinzie St 60654
Click HERE to view this weeks 8 mile training route.
Don’t forget to study up. We have put together what we believe to be the most comprehensive Online Running Manual available. All of your running/walking questions can be answered in this manual. If you are interested in participating in a mini marathon this fall, we would like to recommend the Fall Runathon series. This new series consists of a 5k (Sept. 6th), a 10K (Oct. 4th) and a mini marathon (Oct. 25th) Click on the link to get more details. Once again, I can’t stress enough the importance of recognizing our sponsors. Without these people, this program would not be possible. Here is a list with links for more information about each company.
Ken Combs Running Store
Use the following bullet points to help you decide which schedule to use.
- Is this your first race of this distance? If YES, use beginner
- Are you willing to do speed-work and add a fourth day of running? If YES, jump to the Intermediate schedule
- If you have run this distance several times, want to increase your speed and are willing to put in the time, then proceed to the Advanced schedule.
- If you want to run recreationally to stay in shape and don’t really care about finish times, stick with the Beginner schedule.
- Beginner Full Marathon
- Intermediate Full Marathon
- Advanced Full Marathon
- Beginner Half Marathon
- Intermediate Half Marathon
- Advanced Half Marathon
Don’t forget that our number one goal is to promote the fine sport of running. We strive to do everything in our power to help make running an enjoyable experience for everyone. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions of concerns.