I have some very important info for those planning to join us in Savannah. We have encountered several road blocks with our initial plans to hire a bus for travel to and from the hotel to the race site. It turns out that the city has put a halt on private tour busses during this period. We have been told that there will be one program that travels to and from a large group of hotels to the race site all day long. Our hotel is indeed on the list. It is our understanding that we (as participants) can purchase a wrist band at the expo for $20 to get unlimited usage of this service. It sounds like this might be our only option for group travel. Special thanks to Sandy B. for all of her legwork figuring this out.
This week we are heading down Westport Road then cutting back to Rudy lane and heading towards the river. Click HERE to view this week’s 14 mile course. See you Saturday!
Here are some things to remember about this Fall training season:
- Don’t forget to refer to our Online Training Manual from time to time for some common sense advice.
- We have officially moved our Saturday start time back to 7:30am to combat the darkness.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We only plan to cancel the group activities for two specific things, lightning and excessive ice and snow. The policy is very simple, we will post an entry in the online blog one hour before the scheduled departure with our intentions to cancel. Simply log onto the blog before leaving the house.
- As most of you already know, we have chosen the Savannah Rock-N-Roll (November 7th) half and full marathon as our group outing this year. They offer a half, full and even a half marathon 2 person relay. We would love to have a large group travel with us for this great event. Please send us an email if you are planning to make the trip to Savannah.
- We also need to get a head count of how many people are interested in renting a van/party bus for transportation to and from the marathon site (back to the Fairfield Inn). We are planning to just split the cost among us. Click HERE to contact our resident Travel Agent, Sandy Beckhart to reserve a spot. If we have enough interested parties this could become a reality. I envision a bus (pre-loaded with some post race adult beverages) that would drop us off in the morning and then possibly make multiple trips post race back to the hotel. (maybe one for the mini group and one for the marathoners) This trip has the makings to become one for the history books!
- Those that choose to participate in a half marathon this fall are welcome to use the schedules listed below. Keep in mind that the schedules do have dates listed on them but they can be used for any race by simply starting at the race date and working forward from the end of the schedule.
- One last thing, the marathon schedules have been slightly revamped this season to bring them up to par with the latest and greatest research. At first glance they may seem a little confusing, but please take some time to read the description page (page 2) to get all of the details. These schedules can be adapted for walkers, runners, run/walkers, etc. You will have to know some of your previous pacing from other events to utilize this schedule. Marathoners will need to have a predicted half marathon pace and Half marathoners will need a previous 10k pace. With a little effort, everyone can utilize this new schedule. If however, you are not interested in putting in the extra effort, I can help. For a nominal fee, ($20) I can completely customize this exact schedule for you. I can print out a schedule that will have your pace detailed on every single workout. This takes the guesswork out of everything. Email me directly to make this happen.
- Beginner Marathon Schedule
- Intermediate Marathon Schedule
- Advanced Marathon Schedule
- Beginner Half Marathon Schedule
- Intermediate Half Marathon Schedule
- Advanced Half Marathon Schedule