First and foremost, congrats to Stephanie and Mark for completing the Indianapolis Marathon last weekend. It looks like they had a great time. It seems like every weekend this fall we have someone running a race somewhere. Best of luck this weekend to those participating in the Urban Bourbon Half Marathon. I would love to take a group picture if anyone is interested before the race. Try to meet us at the corner of 3rd and Main around 8am. I will be racing and Stacey will be holding down the fort in St. Matthews for those not racing.
We plan to continue running on Saturday’s up until the Thanksgiving holiday. The mileage will rotate from 6-8-10 miles. Don’t forget that we are now starting at 7:30am each week. It will be nice to actually see the road again for those first few miles.
Click HERE to view the 8 mile route for this week.
Don’t forget to study up. We have put together what we believe to be the most comprehensive Online Running Manual available. All of your running/walking questions can be answered in this manual. Once again, I can’t stress enough the importance of recognizing our sponsors. Without these people, this program would not be possible. Here is a list with links for more information about each company.
Ken Combs Running Store
Use the following bullet points to help you decide which schedule to use.
- Is this your first race of this distance? If YES, use beginner
- Are you willing to do speed-work and add a fourth day of running? If YES, jump to the Intermediate schedule
- If you have run this distance several times, want to increase your speed and are willing to put in the time, then proceed to the Advanced schedule.
- If you want to run recreationally to stay in shape and don’t really care about finish times, stick with the Beginner schedule.
- Beginner Full Marathon
- Intermediate Full Marathon
- Advanced Full Marathon
- Beginner Half Marathon
- Intermediate Half Marathon
- Advanced Half Marathon
Don’t forget that our number one goal is to promote the fine sport of running. We strive to do everything in our power to help make running an enjoyable experience for everyone. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions of concerns