I have some updated info for those traveling to Savannah. I have confirmed that we will indeed have a shuttle coming to our specific hotel for transit to and from the race location. Here are the details. Old Savannah Tours is providing a service to various hotels in the area to and from the race site all day long. They will be at our hotel starting at 4:45am Saturday morning. Those interested in using this service must bring $25 cash with them that morning. The service will collect the fee in transit and give everyone wristbands for the ride back. I repeat, you must have cash for this transaction so please plan accordingly.
We have a nice and easy 6 mile taper route planned for this week. Enjoy the nice break in mileage. Everyone should be well-rested for the upcoming races. Click HERE to view the route.
Here are some things to remember about this Fall training season:
- Don’t forget to refer to our Online Training Manual from time to time for some common sense advice.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We only plan to cancel the group activities for two specific things, lightning and excessive ice and snow. The policy is very simple, we will post an entry in the online blog one hour before the scheduled departure with our intentions to cancel. Simply log onto the blog before leaving the house.
- Those that choose to participate in a half marathon this fall are welcome to use the schedules listed below. Keep in mind that the schedules do have dates listed on them but they can be used for any race by simply starting at the race date and working forward from the end of the schedule.
- One last thing, the marathon schedules have been slightly revamped this season to bring them up to par with the latest and greatest research. At first glance they may seem a little confusing, but please take some time to read the description page (page 2) to get all of the details. These schedules can be adapted for walkers, runners, run/walkers, etc. You will have to know some of your previous pacing from other events to utilize this schedule. Marathoners will need to have a predicted half marathon pace and Half marathoners will need a previous 10k pace. With a little effort, everyone can utilize this new schedule.
- Beginner Marathon Schedule
- Intermediate Marathon Schedule
- Advanced Marathon Schedule
- Beginner Half Marathon Schedule
- Intermediate Half Marathon Schedule
- Advanced Half Marathon Schedule