Big congrats out to everyone that raced this past weekend, We had participants in both the Monumental Marathon (in Indianapolis) and the Savannah Rock-n-Roll Marathon and Half Marathon. Click HERE to see some of the pictures on our FACEBOOK page.
If some of you want to sleep in a little longer this weekend, there is another opportunity to run for a great cause. The Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis is also Saturday at 9am at Tom Sawyer State Park. Registration is still open by going to one of the packet pickup locations Thursday of Friday. Click HERE for more info.
We are heading into Indian Hills for a nice scenic course this week. Click HERE to view this week’s 6 mile course. See you Saturday!
Here are some things to remember about this Fall training season:
- Don’t forget to refer to our Online Training Manual from time to time for some common sense advice.
- We have officially moved our Saturday start time back to 7:30am to combat the darkness.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We only plan to cancel the group activities for two specific things, lightning and excessive ice and snow. The policy is very simple, we will post an entry in the online blog one hour before the scheduled departure with our intentions to cancel. Simply log onto the blog before leaving the house.
- Those that choose to participate in a half marathon this fall are welcome to use the schedules listed below. Keep in mind that the schedules do have dates listed on them but they can be used for any race by simply starting at the race date and working forward from the end of the schedule.
- Beginner Marathon Schedule
- Intermediate Marathon Schedule
- Advanced Marathon Schedule
- Beginner Half Marathon Schedule
- Intermediate Half Marathon Schedule
- Advanced Half Marathon Schedule