It was nice to see such a great turnout last week in the cold weather. We hope to see more smiling faces this weekend. We are changing things up a little this week by heading down through the Indian Hills area towards the river. Remember to stay at a very easy conversational pace for these long runs. Save the faster runs for during the week. Pay some extra attention to Page 2 of the Training Schedules for a description of the specific pacing recommendations.
We are scheduled for a hilly, but scenic 6 miles this week. Click HERE to view the interactive route. Feel free to utilize the interactive tools on the left side of the map to zoom in a little for more details. Don’t forget, we plan to start running promptly at 7:30am, so please arrive 10-15 minutes early to take care of any last minute bathroom breaks.
Here are a few tips and tidbits to help you become familiar with our program.
- We have some goodies for the first 50 people that registered for the program. Ask myself or Stacey this weekend to see if you made it.
- Study Up: Our sponsors have put together what we believe to be the most comprehensive Online Running Manual available. All of your running/walking questions can be answered in this manual. Use the link above to start enjoying this valuable resource.
- The weekly blog is now posted on the “Home” page of our website. Scroll down a little to see it directly below the “Get Fit” blog. This window will show you the last three entries. We plan to post an entry into the 2014 Run/Walk blog every week with a map, special instructions and friendly reminders. This will be our primary means of communication. We will send weekly emails out on Monday of each week with a direct link to the blog. You will also see a Facebook entry each week. (One more reason to LIKE The Training Studio on FACEBOOK)
- We expect this to once again be a very large group, so please be patient with us these first few weeks. We will do our best to accommodate and help everyone we can, but sometimes the sheer number of participants can make it a little confusing. Please do not hesitate to contact myself (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Stacey (email@example.com) anytime for questions or concerns about the program.
- Your #1 goal these first few weeks is to find a pace group that is right for you. We plan to have everything from 8 minute milers to 13 minute milers covered. Just remember that these weekend runs are not a race. These are your scheduled long runs of the week, meaning that your pace should be 1-1:30 minutes slower than race pace. If you cannot hold a conversation during these long runs, then you are running too fast.
- One last thing, keep in mind that this group is a service we provide to help promote the fine sport of running. Myself, Stacey, the sponsors and all of your pace group leaders are here to help make your running experience enjoyable. We are happy to address and help with basic questions or concerns, but this is not a private coaching service. If you would like specific, individualized coaching please contact Dale for more information.
Don’t forget to acknowledge those sponsors that have made this program possible.
Ken Combs Running Store
Papa John’s 10 Miler
Louisville Triple Crown Registration
Kentucky Derby Festival Mini & Full Marathon Registration
Mini Marathon Training schedules: Beginner Intermediate Advanced