It was nice to see a larger than expected crowd last weekend during the holiday weekend. The weather once again turned out to be perfect. I heard several of you talking about various races you are training for this fall. Let’s get an idea of where everyone is going. Some are training for Chicago Marathon, some are going to the Indy Marathon, some are doing the Urban Bourbon Half. Please send us a note telling us what you are training for this fall. We will post the results next week.
We are changing it up again this week and heading back toward the river for twelve glorious miles this week. Click HERE to view this weeks 12 mile training route.
Don’t forget to study up. We have put together what we believe to be the most comprehensive Online Running Manual available. All of your running/walking questions can be answered in this manual. If you are interested in participating in a mini marathon this fall, we would like to recommend the Fall Runathon series. This new series consists of a 5k (Sept. 6th), a 10K (Oct. 4th) and a mini marathon (Oct. 25th) Click on the link to get more details. Once again, I can’t stress enough the importance of recognizing our sponsors. Without these people, this program would not be possible. Here is a list with links for more information about each company.
Use the following bullet points to help you decide which schedule to use.
- Is this your first race of this distance? If YES, use beginner
- Are you willing to do speed-work and add a fourth day of running? If YES, jump to the Intermediate schedule
- If you have run this distance several times, want to increase your speed and are willing to put in the time, then proceed to the Advanced schedule.
- If you want to run recreationally to stay in shape and don’t really care about finish times, stick with the Beginner schedule.
- Beginner Full Marathon
- Intermediate Full Marathon
- Advanced Full Marathon
- Beginner Half Marathon
- Intermediate Half Marathon
- Advanced Half Marathon
Don’t forget that our number one goal is to promote the fine sport of running. We strive to do everything in our power to help make running an enjoyable experience for everyone. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions of concerns.