Now is the time to stay focused and consistent with your training. This “base building” phase of training is laying the foundation for longer mileage later in the schedule. Consistency is very important. Don’t forget to also pay attention to your pacing during the week. The program guidelines handout can help you with this.
I heard several of you talking about various races you are training for this fall. Let’s get an idea of where everyone is going. Some are training for Chicago Marathon, some are going to the Indy Marathon, some are doing the Urban Bourbon Half. Please send us a note telling us what you are training for this fall.
We are changing it up again this week and staying away from the river (and therefore hills) by hanging in the St. Matthews area. Click HERE to view this weeks 13 mile training route.
Don’t forget to study up. We have put together what we believe to be the most comprehensive Online Running Manual available. All of your running/walking questions can be answered in this manual. If you are interested in participating in a mini marathon this fall, we would like to recommend the Fall Runathon series. This new series consists of a 5k (Sept. 6th), a 10K (Oct. 4th) and a mini marathon (Oct. 25th) Click on the link to get more details. Once again, I can’t stress enough the importance of recognizing our sponsors. Without these people, this program would not be possible. Here is a list with links for more information about each company.
Use the following bullet points to help you decide which schedule to use.
- Is this your first race of this distance? If YES, use beginner
- Are you willing to do speed-work and add a fourth day of running? If YES, jump to the Intermediate schedule
- If you have run this distance several times, want to increase your speed and are willing to put in the time, then proceed to the Advanced schedule.
- If you want to run recreationally to stay in shape and don’t really care about finish times, stick with the Beginner schedule.
- Beginner Full Marathon
- Intermediate Full Marathon
- Advanced Full Marathon
- Beginner Half Marathon
- Intermediate Half Marathon
- Advanced Half Marathon
Don’t forget that our number one goal is to promote the fine sport of running. We strive to do everything in our power to help make running an enjoyable experience for everyone. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions of concerns.